Through KP LAUNCH, Kaiser Permanente offers unique and dynamic health care internship programs that provide interns with practical job skills and experiences in a supportive environment.
As a school or community organization supported by Kaiser Permanente, we invite you to encourage your youth to apply for the 2017 program. This internship program provides youth from under served communities and diverse backgrounds a paid full-time work experience for eight weeks over the summer. While working, interns gain exposure to various health careers that they may choose to pursue after high school graduation.
KP LAUNCH interns will have the opportunity to:
· Work full-time within various Kaiser Permanente departments for eight weeks
· Learn about a variety of different health careers opportunities
· Meet and learn from health professionals and their internship program peers
· Gain professional and personal development through workshops
The summer 2017 program at the Kaiser Permanente San Leandro Medical Center is scheduled to begin on Monday, June 19, 2017 and end on Friday, August 11, 2017. Application materials are attached to this email for you to print and distribute to your eligible youth.
· Must be between the ages of 16 and 19 during the program
· Must be enrolled in high school or a general education degree (GED) program, or a recent high school/GED graduate within one academic year
· Must have a grade point average (GPA) of 2.5 or higher
· Must have an interest in working in the healthcare environment
· Must be able to work full-time during the eight week program
· Must undergo and pass all Kaiser Permanente employment requirements
The program prioritizes the selection of junior and senior high school students and recent high school graduates; others are welcome to apply. Applicants who are dependents of Kaiser Permanente employees are ineligible to participate in the KP LAUNCH summer internship programs.
Direct link to KP LAUNCH website: https://share.kaiserpermanente.org/article/ncal-launch/?kp_shortcut_referrer=kp.org/communitybenefit/ncal/internships