Union City FAMILY CENTER connects students, families, and community members with various services, through:
- UNION CITY FAMILY CENTER Resource Center is located on the former New Haven Unified School District’s Barnard-White Middle School campus (Whipple Road). The Resource Center houses office space for UNION CITY FAMILY CENTER staff, partners, space for community meetings, computers with internet access (WiFi access), and a Food & Clothing Pantry – donations are welcome;
- Full-time family liaisons, serving at all NHUSD sites, assist students & families with services or referrals such as: health, behavioral health, social services, college and career planning, home visits, truancy resolution, community building, parenting, enrichment, literacy, youth employment support, social and legal services, and basic day-to-day living necessities;
- Kidango pre-school enrollment available at the UNION CITY FAMILY CENTER Resource Center;
- Enhanced behavioral health services at UNION CITY FAMILY CENTER schools;
- Fremont Family Resource Center, United Way funded “SparkPoint” services located at UNION CITY FAMILY CENTER Resource Center—providing financial coaching, tax assistance, peer lending circles, credit repair, savings match programs, debtor’ rights information, Covered California open enrollment assistance, and CalFresh assistance/reinstatement for continued assistance;
- Pre-apprenticeship job training at UNION CITY FAMILY CENTER Resource Center, in partnership with City of Union City, Cypress-Mandela Training Center and Alameda County Building Construction Trades Council; and
- Union City Police Department Explorers class-room and training located at UNION CITY FAMILY CENTER Resource Center.